Harry Potter - Wizards Unite

Anyone else playing this and want to be friends (besides @Nabiki because she already is)?

My friend code is 1852 0079 7420

WU Community day on Saturday. I donā€™t know what itā€™s going to be like, but I may be meeting up with a couple of other players.
https://reddit.com/r/harrypotterwu/comments/cdkg0r/game_update_potters_calamity_brilliant_event_and/

Iā€™m trying it, but no idea if itā€™s compatible with my lifestyle. (I live in the middle of nowhere and mostly drive to work and back.)

My friend code is 5531 9763 6159. Getting an error on yours, @Force10 .

OK, gave this a try: I played the earlier Nantic game (Ingress?) for a couple days but bailed because it basically had nothing for me of value. At home I walk a reasonable bit when the dog wants to do so, but the nearest ā€˜nodeā€™ for Ingress was up the street a ways, a bit out of Noodleā€™s usually toilet route.

This seems a bit better. Thereā€™s tons of ā€˜littleā€™ stuff to do local to me. The free crafting pickups, challenges, etc.

That said, the core gameplay seems to be energy-limited drawing symbols on a touch screen and may burn out quickly.

Still not sure itā€™s the game for me, but it seems much more ā€˜advancedā€™ than Ingress. I do keep thinking of the novel Rainbows End which had a subplot involving AR overlays to the world, including a Discworld-themed oneā€¦

Iā€™m still more of a Pokemon Go player, but Iā€™m having some fun with this.

Thatā€™s because I typed it wrong. I edited it.

1 Like

2 friends now. Presumably the ladies @Force10 and @Nabiki. Or random strangers. Who knows!

I assume if I receive an invite and accept thatā€™s all thatā€™s needed and I donā€™t need to do anything on the other side.

Yep. Weā€™re WU friends now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

itā€™s entertainment while walking the dog. Iā€™m kind of amazed that I tripped the ā€œAre you driving?ā€ sensor while walking the dog: He has an agenda while walking, so lots of stops to sniff and generally a meandering path. Iā€™m guessing it was a GPS blip or realignment that caused it to think I was speeding.

Walks may be limited the next couple days due to heat wave, though.

I have a problem with spell energy. There are so many traces out there, but getting enough spell energy to deal with them all is nearly impossible.

Edit: After this latest update, the game keeps crashing too. I got kicked out at least 20 times yesterday.

Iā€™m kind of bummed with the latest update. The Brilliant Harry and Hedwig traces were giving out 500 XP each before and now theyā€™re only worth 150. I was able to power level pretty hard with the help of a couple of Brain Elixirs before they did that. I notice Iā€™m getting kicked out more too. Iā€™m lucky in that I work downtown and there is literally an inn on every corner. Including one I can access while sitting at my desk.

1 Like

Iā€™m down at Glen Echo Park with my wife today while she works on a couple projects (one of which is admittedly for my mom) and itā€™s interesting how different it is being in a more developed area. Itā€™s parkland, which in guessing is different from the city. Lots more stuff to do: I feel like Iā€™m surrounded by inns, while I have one near the house if Noodle wants to walk the right way.

1 Like

I left my phone at home today so I guess no foundables for me until I get home.

Itā€™s too hot here to really walk outside.

We donā€™t have that problem. Yet. August and September are generally the hot months for us.

Iā€™m sitting inside trying to get spell energy out of a greenhouse.

I havenā€™t really jumped onto this one hard. I played the first couple of days and may play more if I can get the gumption.

My Friend Code is: 1723 7799 6823

All information subject to change!

Added you.

Weā€™ve gone from blistering heat to near-hurricane, so walking outside seems like a bad idea right now. (Slight hyperbole.)

I will admit to urging Noodle to walk specific directions so as to position me near the one Inn near the house I can hit easily. It wasnā€™t like I dragged him around. (That was getting him to leave the house at all.) Also he got what he wanted, which involved a ramble through the other side of the street, approaching but not actually going to the playground, and then through a grassy area.

More WU related: Flags? Thereā€™s a flagpole when I glanced at the screen near work and I donā€™t know what it means. Looks like it might denote an area where critters are stronger/different?

1 Like

The flagpole means that you will find more traces of that particular family nearby.

1 Like