New Category?

I’ve been following the Database and SQL Questions topic with great interest, as I’m learning SQL myself. However, it’s a bit difficult if I want to go back and find something - I have to read through/scan all the posts.

Maybe we (and by we, I mean Lee :smile: ) could create a new category called Database/Programming/SQL Help or something? Then questions could be posted under there rather than multiple questions and answers in one thread.

You don’t like the Useful Info category?

I’m not sure how that would work. I could split the SQL thread into separate threads. For example, one for resources, and then split the example/problems off into their own threads.

We could potentially create a subcategory under UI, but it sounds like what you’re wanting isn’t necessarily a place to sequester programming threads at, but rather just a way to have all that juicy SQL goodness broken out from the single thread it’s in. Is that accurate?

If that’s the case, seems like the easiest thing to do would be for @Nabiki (if she’s willing/able) to break a few of those questions out as separate posts using the mod tools, and to post new sql questions as separate threads.

I’ll work on that after I get home tonight. :slight_smile:

Okay, I split the topic into a few, so hopefully it will be easier to find relevant information.

1 Like

Tagging would be a nice feature for this.

And with my meager addition to this topic, I’m off.

Thanks, guys - I’ve been away for a few days, so haven’t had a chance to comment. Lee, you’ve got it exactly right. I just wanted an easier way to find all that gooey SQL goodness. :smile: