The "Oops" category

It’s time for another “Good Idea, Bad Idea”.

Good Idea: making carmelized-like onions by cooking them in a lot of margarine.

Bad Idea: making carbonized onions by forgetting that they were cooking.

6 Likes

That’s my favourite trick.

Apropos of nothing… just a reminder it’s Something On A Stick Day!!!

Hmmmm? I’m thinking Teriyaki beef on the grill tonight… with caramelized onions of course!

JT

That takes the wonderful smell of cooking onions and takes it to a bad place.

I made bath bombs for the ladies in the family yesterday. I was very proud of myself until the nice little bath bomb eggs I made wouldn’t stop reacting and dry out and became light green minty smelling sandy turds.

They’ll still work, but they just don’t look right. I gave them away anyway, but I felt kind of bad.

Yeah, I have a great recipe for vodka pasta sauce, but the need to cook the onions is one reason I don’t do it often. (The other reason is it’s a good recipe, but perhaps not the healthiest, and most of my cooking nights are nights I’m home first so we’re eating at 8:30-9:00 when $Wife gets home.)

Meanwhile, over in Sunny South Africa…

Yeah, that’s pretty rough. We had a couple eggs when the hens were first laying that were malformed, but so much that we could tell right away so we didn’t have that nightmare.

Man tries to kill bugs, accidentally sets fire to house

You might wonder how anyone could set fire to their house while trying to kill bugs.
Apparently, he used an aerosol can and a lighter and sprayed through a hole in the wall.

You might also wonder how anybody that stupid actually manages to keep on breathing - I certainly wondered that :rolling_eyes:

At least he wont be havening bug problems for a while…

1 Like

Which reminds me. Around 2000 (remember the Y2K frenzy?) I was stationed at the Machado toll gate in Machadodorp.

Some guy got fed up with roaches, poured petrol down a crack the roaches was living in, and lit a match.

A huge explosion followed, his house was no more, but the roaches survived that explosion.

2 Likes

If that doesn’t qualify as a FML, I don’t know what does!

1 Like

19 posts were split to a new topic: Password managers

Thread derailment in progress…

That is a CoG tradition. On the other hand, I figured that this particular derailment was useful, so I moved it to a new thread in the Useful Information category.

1 Like

Thank’ee oh wonderful moderatrix :smile:
Yes, was useful, so I was not quite sure what to do. (Btw I’m also moderator on a forum, get to deal with derailments as well).

Being a mod at a forum like this has got to be a good gig. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it is! I very rarely have to do anything moderator-ly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another thread derailment in progress again…

[runs away]

It’s what we do here.

Haven’t seen @Nick_Burns post a poll lately though.

1 Like

Polls, you say?