What television show are you watching?

I realized that we have the what song are you listening to thread, and the what book are you reading now thread, but we seem to have lost the what television show are you watching thread.

I just finished watching the K-drama, Scent of a Woman. I have to say, that the Koreans have their genres seriously messed up. I do not see how you can call it a romantic comedy when the main character is diagnosed with terminal cancer in the first episode and spends the rest of the series preparing for her death. I spent a lot of time in tears, and none in laughter during this one. Another ā€˜romantic comedyā€™ had the main characterā€™s mother murdered in a brutal way by the villain.

Iā€™m going to go watch the latest Rurouni Kenshin movie now. Satou Takeru was an excellent choice for the part of Kenshin.

Just finished season one of Agents of Shield a couple weeks ago, waiting on Netflix now for season II.

Sherlock, we parcel out the episodes like rations in a life boat. There arenā€™t enough to waste binging on them.

Supposedly weā€™re still watching Burn Notice and Bones, but havenā€™t watched in ages.

Psyche is in my ā€œTo Watchā€ pile, but Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m ready to add another 120+ episode show.

Dr. Who is on the once or twice a month binge list. This one is difficult for my wife, she really likes Tennant and weā€™re getting close to him leaving. She hated when he showed up too though, so hopefully sheā€™ll warm up to the next guy before heā€™s gone too. And sheā€™s still hung up on Donā€™t Blink.

And when weā€™re not watching together lately Iā€™m playing WoT and sheā€™s watching WWII documentaries.

Sprout and I are watching Wakfu, and Iā€™m watching Samurai Champloo, which is kind of fun. I accidentally watched 10 episodes of the wrong series of Full Metal Alchemist, and Iā€™m ticked about that. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m going to be able to go back to the place I was and go forward knowing that they arenā€™t that much farther on a few years later.

edit: And now after doing some simple research I realize why everything seemed so weird and not more advanced. I didnā€™t realize the two seriesā€™ werenā€™t sequential. I went from Episode 4 of season 2 of the first one to episode 5 of season 2 of Brotherhood.

The only thing I donā€™t like about Season 2 is no Bill Paxton. Seriously, how fscking good was that story and his performance?

Youā€™re gonna cry when you see the aftermath of the end of Season I though.

The last few episodes of season I my wife almost stopped watching the show. Sheā€™s like why do I want to watch something that makes me mad? I was also sad to see what happened to Wonder Woman. That series doesnā€™t have a problem making a point or being shocking.

Agreed, Dakboy! And I loved the ending. We just watched the latest episode last nightā€¦Iā€™m reserving judgement for now, but Iā€™m not sure I like where the focus seems to be going for the rest of the season (trying not give spoilers here). Not a fan of the character.

Game of Thrones - itā€™s the only must see TV show for me at the moment.

Since I cut the cord a couple of years ago, Iā€™ve had to wait for the seasons to be released on blu-ray. Season 4 was released last month so I caught up on it. HBO is supposedly releasing a standalone streaming service next month, so Iā€™m eagerly looking forward to that.

Mr. TM and I cut cable almost two years ago, so we donā€™t watch much current TV (NCIS/NOLA, AoS, Castle, and Rizzoli and Isles).

Weā€™re both big NetFlix users (yay for no bandwith cap!) though. Weā€™re just finishing Fringe, not having seen it during its original run. Iā€™m watching the new Doctor Who for the first time, and have just got to the start of the Tennant ones. Iā€™m sorry, though, but I think Rose is a whiny little cow, and I really wish Mickey would grow some balls and move on.

Iā€™m also rewatching The West Wing - love me my Aaron Sorkin. And, when I need some lighter fare, Iā€™m watching the old PBS Forensic Files episodes.

Apple TV Exclusive for the first 3 months. $15/month.

If you donā€™t have the box, the price has been cut to $70 as of yesterday.

You gotta play the long game with this series.

1 Like

In AoS I still have a hard time seeing Kyle McLachlan as anyone other than Paul Atreides.

1 Like

Youā€™ll be ok, it will hurt for a while, and youā€™ll have to apply the cream a couple more times, but Doctors change and companions change.

Game of Thronesā€¦ read first or watch first?

Wow, total subconscious recognition and dislike. Now I know why.

Does anyone here still have Cable or Dish?

Cable, occasionally think about switching to Dish. Weā€™re too dependent upon certain channels that arenā€™t available otherwise, and/or I need the barrier to usage to be very low for people who arenā€™t me.

Buy a Wii U, install netflix and hulu.

Pay $16 a month to watch 90% of what everyone was watching anyway, buy $19 HD antenna from Amazon, get the other 10%.

Miss Thursday, Sunday night, and Monday football, and some other sports that donā€™t matter.

I grew up with Tom Baker as the Doctor, and Tennant replaced him for me as ā€œmyā€ Doctor. I liked the fact that you got glimpses of how his history weighed on him.

That said, Iā€™ve liked the styles of those whoā€™ve followed. Smith was quirky, in a good way, and if he hadnā€™t followed Tenant heā€™d have won me over. Capaldi is growing on me.

1 Like

Only for internet. I donā€™t have a TV.

This pisses me off to no end. I will not get an Apple TV out of spite. I will wait the three months.

I wonā€™t have any dealings with Apple for anything. Theyā€™ve already committed fraud on my debit card once, Iā€™m not going to give them the chance to do it again.

On an extremely geeky note, over the last 4 years or so Iā€™ve watched every episode of every live action Star Trek series on Amazon Prime. Thatā€™s well over 700 episodes.

Anyone watch Scorpion?

It started off with what seemed like a great premise, but they pull so. much. crap in every show I stopped after the second or thrid one.

Load up a show with tech, and science, and pure geekiness, but then do it so poorly it isnā€™t actually tech anymore, but mouth-breather-from-next-doorā€™s idea of what tech is.

I donā€™t have a TV. I donā€™t miss it, either.