Dark theme?

@Lee_Ars - is it possible to have a night or dark theme on this forum?

Regards

@Ook

I use https://darkreader.org/ and let it handle it for me @Ook

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

:smiley:

My eyeballs also says thank you.

Glad to help, I know exactly the feeling! This is one of the suite of utilities I can’t function well without!

@Ook, apologies for taking so long to get to this—I honestly thought Discourse had a dark theme enabled by default, since they made a huge big deal out of it on the official discourse dev forum a year or two ago.

Turns out they added a dark “scheme,” which you can use as the basis of a new style that can be user-assignable. So I followed their instructions and now, voila—you should see a new theme option on your user preference page at http://cog.discourse.group/u/your_userid/preferences/interface:

Just head there and pick “basic dark” from the list. I have done precisely zero customization on it, so things will probably look a little odd, but it’ll at least get you there without having to use an add-on.

If you have suggestions—especially if those suggestions come in the form of CSS I can cut and paste into the theme editor—I’m happy to implement them!

3 Likes

Beautiful. My eyes love it.

This is my favorite view of the site.

1 Like

Yes.

The firefox app (link which you’ve given a while ago, and a lot of people thank you for that) works in Windows and Linux (Mint), but unfortunately not on Android. Which is a big boo-hiss for me. Uncle Googol need to look at allowing dark themes for Android users, especially for Googly apps.