Bit of a follow-up :
So the diagnosis was high cholesterol, way high. I did not had any money for a follow-up visit, so I decided to try out natural remedies.
First was cayenne pepper. While it helped a bit, my BP still remained high (between140 and 150)
After a week of struggling I decided to use google and a bit of common sense.
First hit was to increase my walking distance. At that time I walked, but average was 22000 steps a week, or 3000 steps a day, and it was not always a consistent figure.
So I decided (based on the findings via Google) to challenge myself and up my walking to 6000 steps a day.
It was also mentioned that walking trigger the release of certain ensymes which triggers your liver to process the bad cholesterol.
Last Sunday I started, and nearly hit my target. What I did was to walk for 5 minutes, take a rest, walk for 5 minutes etc etc. That evening BP measurements indicated a slightly lower reading.
So I decided to keep it up, and wallked on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. And it is not that hard. Just take a break for 10 minutes at work, walk around the block and continue working. Just three or four times around the block is more than enough for me to hit my target of 6000 steps.
And it definitely worked. BP is now down to 120/80 (but still go up to 140/90 in the mornings when I get up).
So all in all I’m glad for that, it is a good start, and I’m definitely going to keep it up.
I’m planning to do another cholesterol test after payday, just to get a baseline, and then again sometime in December or January, just to make sure cholesterol is also coming down.
btw the distance I’m walking daily is more than 4kms (2.4miles). As time goes by and I’m getting acclimatized to this, I’m going to push for 6kms (3.7miles) a day.