It doesn't even have a power cord!

Just received a message from one of my (more annoying) users:

[2016-08-26, 10:42:40 AM] Tom: Hi $Guido, I know I need to create a ticket for this request, but I just ask you directly anyways :wink:

Do we have a measure tape in the office?

I justā€¦ no.

(English is not Tomā€™s first language, so I forgive him for the grammarā€¦)

Ummmā€¦ wow. Iā€™ve had some weird requests come in, but thatā€™s a new one.

[nasty voice]Whut? $luser want to measure a todger? [/nasty voice]

First time Iā€™ve heard of a ticket requesting a measuring tapeā€¦

1 Like

Get one of these for the office.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=65359&cat=1,43513,65359

1 Like

IT has tools. Thus, go to IT when you need tools.

I have a measuring tape in my work bag, but itā€™s maybe 3-4 feet as itā€™s a tiny promo tape from a game company.

Today we had someone phone tech support asking if we could send them cable ties because the signal booster box had a ā€œboingy power cableā€.

I had to raise the ticket. Itā€™s company policy. The note went something like this:

Cyan is the company colour.

People will always ask for weird things in weird ways.

Well, in my officeā€¦

Weā€™re still a small company - just over 100 employees globally, roughly 35 in my office. So, sometimes you wear more than one hat.

Iā€™m a tool guy, AND IT, so yeahā€¦ I have the tool box, and a tape measure.

Tole somebody to FOAD when a request was made for a small Philips screwdriver. Said person was not happy, but it is not my problem as said person havent returned another screwdriver previously borrowed

When I had my first real job after teh Army I worked in the mailroom. The main copier was there, and the fax was there. Neither of which were my problem. But whenever someone couldnā€™t get it to work they asked me to fix it. Turned out I had a small ability at it, and thus started my career in IT.

Turns out Iā€™m slightly better at talking to people than fixing things, so then started my career in a numbers based sales admin position.

But seriously, because Iā€™m a guy, and I work in the same room Iā€™m supposed to be able to read the directions printed on the copier better than you?

2 Likes

Yes, because theyā€™re pictographic illiterate and refuse to make the slightest effort, so a guy with attention to detail is for sure going to do it better.

2 Likes